Thursday, February 18, 2010

Week #5

Last week's class was interesting. I thought our discussion about Coke-a-Cola and its target markets was quite interesting.

The other thing that was interesting to me was the many applications that this brought to light for me in my work and the company I work for. I don't think that we are doing a very good job with all of out marketing. I think that we should try to do a better job at diversifying our marketing mix. We are advertising almost exclusively to the younger generations, like those in there teens and twenties. I think, however, as a local telecommunications company, we could get considerable response from some of the older markets.

The other thing that was of particular interest was the one to one marketing. I've seen this in action in online stores such as Amazon. I'm not sure why it intrigued my as much as it did, other than the fact that it seems that it would be a highly effective form of marketing that will improve as technology continues to advance. I know that it has worked very well with me. I'm fairly loyal to both Amazon and Netflix, which are the first two companies that spring to mind that use a one-to-one type system.

Well, until next week,
Roger, The Guy in the Penguin Suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment