Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The first entry!

So I guess that I'm starting this blog because of my marketing class, but who knows I might use it for both class and personal use after my class has ended (hence the very... unique name). So my understanding is that for this class we are supposed to talk about what we thought were the highlights and the most interesting parts of class.

Of course, the first class of any class is interesting, even if it's just because of how different each class and instructor is. I liked how Professor Allen seemed to be interested in our success. It seems to me that there are too many teachers out there who are to busy teaching their class to teach their students. I have to say that I do feel bad for him though. It's gonna be hard to teach 125+ students spread out over the whole state.

The other thing that I found interesting was the retention pyramid. There's a few that I'm not sure about for me personally, but I guess that's to be expected since everyone is different.

I've never had a teacher that asked what I liked and didn't like about other classes and teachers, so that surprised me, and then that Prof. Allen has plans to then apply what we said to this class is actually really cool, and it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

I'm a little nervous about the presentation that I have to give this week, but I will be happy to not have it looming in my future, and I'm excited for my topic (Netflix).

I think that that's really all for today I suppose... I don't really know what else to write.

Later then,
Roger, the Guy in the Penguin Suit
--
"I saw Eternity the other night,
Like a ring of Pure and Endless Light,
All calm as it was Bright."
- Henry Vaughan 1622-1695

No comments:

Post a Comment